iSiloX is an application for converting content into the
iSilo™ document format for viewing on your
handheld device. The iSilo™ document format
is an optimized document format that was designed with the
limited memory and processing power of handheld devices
Supported file formats
text file formats
iSiloX can convert content in any of the following formats:
- HTML: Hyper Text Markup Language is the most common
open format for documents. HTML along with CSS is the recommended
format for creating formatted hyperlinked documents.
- CSS: The Cascading Style Sheet language is the most
common method used to add style to HTML documents.
- text: When plain text is all you need.
- Palm Doc: This is a popular plain text format
originally developed for use on the Palm OS® platform.
Convert Palm Doc content to iSilo™
format for about a 20% reduction in file size.
- EPUB: This free and open standard for e-books is getting
more popular by the day.
image file formats
iSiloX supports the most common image file formats.
- JPEG: Used often for real-life scenes such as photos.
- GIF: A common general purpose format limited to 256 colors.
- BMP: Windows® native image file format.
- PNG: Portable Network Graphics, an open image file format.
How do I use iSiloX
Using iSiloX, you maintain a list of entries for documents you want
to create. Each entry specifies how to create a document and includes
such information as the title for the document, the source content
files used to create the document, where the document will be written,
and settings that control various aspects of how to create the
document. Examples of settings, among others, include the maximum depth
to which to follow links and limits on the size of images.
You can save your list of document entries so that you can call
the list up at any time later whenever you want to reconvert any
of the documents in the list.
The best way to learn the basics of using iSiloX is to start
with the tutorials and
then to proceed to the task
manual for step-by-step instructions on completing common
reference manual provides information about all aspects